The Ontario Stroke System (OSS) is a comprehensive approach to organized stroke care that includes the full continuum within 11 regional stroke systems across the province. In June 2000, the Ontario government adopted the Ontario Stroke Strategy as the expected way to organize stroke services in the province.
In 2016, the Cardiac Care Network of Ontario and the Ontario Stroke Network merged to form one organization with a mandate spanning cardiac, stroke and vascular care in the province. In June 2017, after a year of transition, the new entity became CorHealth Ontario. Today, the leadership of the OSS is provided by CorHealth.
Regional Stroke Networks in Ontario
1) Central East Stroke Network
2) Central South Stroke Network
3) Champlain Regional Stroke Network (Ottawa)
4) Northeastern Ontario Stroke Network
5) Northwestern Ontario Regional Stroke Network - TBRHSC
6) North & East GTA Stroke Network
7) Southeastern Ontario Stroke Network
8) South East Toronto Stroke Network
9) West GTA Stroke Network
10) Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network
11) Toronto West Stroke Network